Sydney's Beef Stroganoff
Easy-peasy beef stroganoff. Goes a long way and feeds the whole family!
FOR THE STROGANOFF
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 lb stew beef
3 can(s) beef consommé
2 Tbsp onion powder
2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 c fresh parsley
FOR THE ROUX
1/2 stick butter, cold
3/4 c flour
FOR SERVING EITHER
16 oz egg noodles, cooked and hot
6 c rice, cooked and hot
1. Heat oil in large skillet.
2. Season meat with onion powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Sear in oil, on high for a minute or so on each side.
4. Pour meat into pressure cooker.
5. Deglaze pan with consommé, stir in parsley, and pour it, and other two cans over beef.
6. Turn pressure cooker to high for 45-50 minutes.
7. Combine butter and flour in pan. Cook on medium until it looks like wet sand.
8. Whisk roux into hot liquid in pressure cooker, stirring continuously. Turn to saute mode on the pressure cooker and simmer for a few minutes.
9. Serve over hot noodles or hot rice.