Herb Crusted Chicken

I got this recipe from my family cookbook, and I have to apologize for the fact that I cannot
remember who's name was at the bottom of the recipe, and the cookbook is currently in storage.
(I'm reading it from a page that I hand-wrote in my recipe book.)



Herb Crusted Chicken

Ingredients:

1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon garlic salt (The chicken was very salty! We'll leave this out next time!)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 celery salt
1 teaspoon Paprika

8 chicken breasts
2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 cup butter


Directions:

In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Dip chicken breasts into this mixture, covering each breast thoroughly. Place chicken on a cookie sheet and refrigerate overnight. (Note: The chicken doesn't have to refrigerate overnight, but it's more flavorful if it does.)


After chicken has marinated overnight (or at least, once it's been coated) dip it into the breadcrumbs. Place it on a tinfoil lined (and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) cookie sheet or into a glass baking dish. Pour melted butter over the chicken.

Bake @ 325 for 30 minutes.


***We served ours with buttered and bread crumbed Steamed Cauliflower and a heated can of chicken gravy. It sure was delicious!***

Comments

Popular Posts